In general, a polygraph examination can be used to resolve nearly any issue. Still, there are common applications and uses for examinations. Some common types of examinations that may be conducted by True North Polygraph include:
Post-Conviction Sex Offender Testing (*PCSOT certified*)
- Instant Offense, Sexual History, Maintenance and Monitoring Examinations
Pre-Employment (subject to EPPA restrictions)
- EPPA provides protection for commercial organizations, and generally excludes government agencies. Also generally excluded from EPPA restrictions are private organizations involved in specified security services or controlled substance services. Please see full EPPA restrictions to determine if your organization is allowed to conduct pre-employment testing.
Employee Theft or other Economic Loss (subject to EPPA restrictions)
- Please consult the EPPA resources on this website, as well as possibly seeking legal counsel, prior to taking any actions regarding suspicion of an employee.
- For fidelity testing, it is strongly encouraged that you to seek the assistance of a counselor specializing in such matters prior to seeking a polygraph examination. Any polygraph examination in this area is best used as a tool to further efforts already begun. A polygraph examiner can effectively work with a counselor to address any unresolved questions.
Post-Conviction Offender Testing
- Similar to PSCOT testing, but conducted in conjunction with the Department of Corrections, and/or court of record. Offenders may be subject to DOC supervision, domestic violence restrictions, drug court, or the like. True North Polygraph will work closely with the court or supervising agency to ensure the offender is honoring the restrictions placed upon him or her.
- Polygraph examinations may be utilized during or following fishing tournaments to ensure the competitors are not violating rules in order to gain a competitive advantage. We work with tournament officials to meet the needs of the specific tournament structure. We do require a waiver be included in tournament registration, so this is a process that does require some advance preparation. References are available from tournament officials for whom we have conducted such examinations. Please inquire for additional information.
- If you are not sure if a polygraph examination may help you with an issue, and it does not fit in any listed category, please utilize the Contact Info tab to inquire.
© 2010 True North Polygraph
Website design by Raptor PCS